Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And we’re going... to Sannnn Frannnnn-Ciscooooo!


This blog post recounts the day of May 28th, 2010.

I woke up in pain today. We slept on the floor this time, on cushions from the couch. I don’t mind sleeping on the floor, but I already had a nagging neck pain and it wasn’t getting any better. I guess the blind spots were not going to get checked today while driving. I made some eggs and slowly but surely everyone started waking up, Tyler, Bev, Eve, Sarah, Sarah’s mom...and finally Ashley. We chatted for the last few hours together out in the gorgeous backyard Eve put together. Just flowers galore and we always got visits from bees and hummingbirds. Such a serene home. We finally left around 11 AM and went to yogurtland for the second straight day. I felt like a pro there now, tapping my cup to make more room, interchanging yogurt and toppings, the works...you know how it is. My cup cost like 5$, unbelievable for the amount of calories I was about to ingest. We finally got on the road at about noon, listening to the sweet sounds of Mitch Hedberg comedy. It still amazes me to this day how we are simply able to make it from destination to destination without any trouble. So far, once we got to San Fran, we’ve driven about 11,700 kms (7000 miles). Simply amazing, only 2 oil changes and a messed up driver window.

I dropped off Tyler and Bev at the USA Hostel dead in the center of San Fran. I was finally going to see my mom for the first time in 3 weeks, she was waiting for me at the airport with my uncle Rick. I drove as fast as I could (as legally-ish) as I could to make it on time, but I was still 45 minutes late. Traffic was abundant on this memorial day weekend. I finally got to the San Fran Airport at about 8pm and picked up the folks. Uncle Rick looked like he’d lost some weight, and my mom looked as happy as ever . Oh, I forgot. Problem number 2 with the car occurred just before. I entered the airport parking and rolled down the broken window. I got the ticket and rolled it back up, but it was crooked and didn’t roll up properly, not only that, but it went down deeper in the door and broke the lock. So, not only do I have a busted window now, but I have to enter through the passenger side to get i the driver’s seat...just great. Might finally attempt to get this fixed once and for all...maybe in Seattle. I drove to the hotel I had reserved for my mom, and checked in under me to get the discount. It was a shabbier hotel then im used to, but the location was pretty good for a hotel under 65$ in DT san fran. My mom joined us on the “walk” to the hostel to get me and my uncle settled in the hostel with Bev and T. I say “walk” because we walked two blocks before I got lost, and my mom wanted to ask for directions. A cop was parked on the side of the road, saw our three Canadian tourist faces, and made us hop in to the cop car. It was a nice ride, and they didn’t hesitate to point out the corners where dope was being sold, as well as coke, and finally, the tranny areas, but apparently, they don’t come out until late. All I could do was laugh. They finally dropped us off in front of the hostel, and we checked in, and then cabbed back to my mom’s hotel(safer...) and me, T and my uncle went for a late night supper at an Indian restaurant that me and T knew well from last year, where you eat like a king with leftovers for 10$. Finally, they went to bed and I started drinking an insane rum and coke. which I am currently still drinking as I write this blog. And tomorrow was to be another day.

Album of the day: Do you believe in Gosh? By Mitch Hedberg

Song of the day: Babe, I’m on fire by Nick Cave

Driving today: 8 hours

Quote of the day: Our whole word association game in the car... i.e. fun...pleasure...sex...position...missionary....and so on.. it was awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment