Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Moustache Parrrrrrrty!


This blog post recalls the day of May 29th, 2010.

We woke up and had some free pancakes at the hostel, and I noticed we were really starting to slow down with 5 people. It’s a lot tougher to keep the discipline. However we finally left the hostel at 10 AM to pick up my mom and start doing the tourist stuff of San Fran. We walked alot on Market, went to some Goodwills and thrift shops, and ate lunch at Herbivore, a vegan restaurant in the Mission District. We ate there last year, and it hadn’t changed. Still amazing amazing food, even the meat eaters couldn’t believe it. After lunch, Tyler and Bev went to the festival San Fran was having for memorial weekend, and I took my mom and uncle to Golden Gate Park and the Japanese Tea Garden. Simply breathtaking views and a must-see for anyone visiting SF.

After alot more walking, we bussed it back to the hostel, and the private room we had now was to be without me. I checked into my new room, and to my huge surprise, 3 girls all watching me stroll in. May I say, 3 really cute Irish girls, accent and all. I was not going to be bored tonight....because of the moustache party!! That’s right, our hostel is hosting a themed party with free booze (FREE!) rum and cokes and vodka crans. I went to eat first with my mom and uncle at a Chinese Vegetarian restaurant, which turned out to be quite good, and the sweet and sour “chicken” tasted so much like chicken, that I had to ask the waitress to make sure...impressive.

Then, the party began. The staff started mixing the rum and such, and started handing out the moustaches. I got mine drawn on by a gorgeous German girl. I met a group of girls at the party from les Iles-de-la-madeleine doing the same type of road trip as us, without the baseball games. They were in LA pretty much same time as us too. We talked till 1 AM and then I decided to hobble to bed...

**Dream that night**: I was in the hostel and people were still drinking. I had the urge to go to the Crazy Horse strip club. I stumbled down 5 blocks to Market street where this gentlemen’s establishment is located. Apparently, cover was 25$, and lap dances 40$. This dream was so vivid, I kind of feel like I went there. The inside had movie theatre seats all around a big stage in the middle where the pole dancing occurred, and 5-6 girls came to me at different times to get me in the back. None of them tickled my fancy though. I went outside for some fresh air, and some of the guys smoking gave me some vodka redbulls because I was Canadian. We have the best nationality. I followed up by upchucking all my drinks, and a crippled veteran in a wheelchair was cheering me on, telling me to get it all out of my system, so I could go back in and enjoy myself. I gave him a buck for his troubles and bought a pack of gum at the 24-hour corner store. I went back in, feeling much better, and the next girl that came to me was simply brilliant. Cute little Russian girl, Lina was her fake name, and she said because I was so awesome, I could get a private room for 100$. Apparently, in this dream, I was rich, and payed the guy overlooking the private rooms. And the rest is history...since I woke up. I should drink every night if i’m going to get dreams like this...oh,wait, I do that already, must’ve just been a lucky night. And tomorrow will be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment