Saturday, June 5, 2010

Welcome to the Ballpark!


This post recounts the day of May 23rd, 2010.

We ran late that morning, not exactly on the schedule I planned, but we also didn't plan to have Beverly for another week, so...WIN! We got to the Arlington Ballpark with about a half-hour before game time. I was amazed at the amount of cubs fans at the game. I guess they came for the whole series, but I no longer felt that a drive from Montreal was that intense for Texas...unless they all flew, then they're pussies :) We walked to the ballpark from our amazing 5$ parking. One thing that was really cool from "The Ballpark" was that scalpers were not allowed anywhere near the premises. It brought every other ballpark in that category to shame. I bought my Vladdy Guerrero t-shirt and we went to our seats. By the way, at least 20 staff members welcomed me to "the ballpark" on my way to my seat. How nice! Also, from our level, we were able to have a great view of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium...its too bad the talent of a team isn't based on the majesticness of their stadium because the cowboys would be undefeated...but alas, they probably wont make the playoffs in 2010-2011.

They announced before the game started a contest which had a few categories, but only one category would be taken, amongst which were: lived furthest away, best dressed fan, youngest fan, oldest fan, and many others. I figured driving from montreal "to see Guerrero" would be a good entry. Unfortunately, in the 7th inning, they announced 4 11-year girls that had Texas jerseys won the best dressed contest...HOGWASH! Absolute garbage if you ask me. The game also featured 1$ ice creams, which I purchased on a hot 35 degree day. The Rangers went down early 4-0 in the first inning but clawed back as best they could, but unfortunately lost 5-4 in the end. This makes our record for home teams when we attend game 18-7. Bev got badly sunburned during the game, and was red as a tomato. She is officially a red-head in my eyes.

Post-game, they gave free energy drinks, which was great for a tired me about to drive 4.5 hours after the game. But, yet again, we make it without a scratch to Midland, Texas. This was our sleeping stop between Austin and Phoenix. The stop at the szechuan restaurant was great, simply for their tofu soup. Finally, we got to the hotel in Midland, Tx, and we argued with Bev on the unimportance of makeup on women, and that sometimes makeup can make a girl who has beautiful natural traits look pugfugly (pardon my french). She disagreed. And tomorrow was to be another day.

Driving today: 7 hours

Album of the day: The Death of Bunny Monroe Audiobook by Nick Cave

Quote of the day: "Avril Lavigne's vagina must be the fuc**** valholla of all vaginas..." - Nick Cave

No comments:

Post a Comment